At Somerset Wood Products, quality kiln-dried lumber starts with the finest raw materials - Appalachian timber.
Somerset has over 50 years of experience in the wood products industry. That experience combined with our ongoing investment in talented people, advanced machinery and equipment, and modern, efficient facilities, gives us a both a quality and service advantage.
At Somerset, all lumber is graded before and after kiln drying by graders that are NHLA Certified. We have the people and processes in place to consistently achieve lumber that is on-grade.View Our Products
- Dedicated, skilled employees
- Commitment to deliver on-grade is backed by a multi-step grading process
- All Somerset lumber is graded before and after kiln drying
- Investment in paved lumber yards, T-Sheds, and predryers
- Computer-controlled dry kilns and skilled technicians insure precise drying to industry tolerances
- State-of-the-art manufacturing line for process lumber
- Straight line rip, one edge
- Surfaces S2S
- We maintain a large kiln-dried inventory for prompt delivery
- Container and box car loading, rail siding
- Prompt, cost-efficient delivery options
- Lumber is tallied by latest Laser technology, Vision Tally
The majority of our lumber comes from nearly 120 sawmill and foothill suppliers within a 150-mile radius of our plants, including a portion supplied by our company-owned sawmill, Kentucky Hardwood. Our “Waste Not” philosophy and commitment to our natural resources starts here, where even the bark of the tree is used for mulch—in fact, the entire tree is put to use throughout our manufacturing operations. At Somerset, all lumber is graded before and after kiln drying to NHLA grades. We have the people and processes in place to consistently achieve lumber that is on-grade.
We equip our plants with the most advanced machinery, much of which is built by our own machinists. This ensures that stringent quality-control standards are met throughout every step of the manufacturing process. To meet growing demand, we have the capacity to expand in multiple facilities that total eight acres under roof.
Controlling moisture is one of the most critical aspects in assuring consistent quality of our lumber. All upper grade lumber is dried in T-Sheds of predryers before kiln drying. In addition to our 3.5 million board feet of kiln capacity, we have 2.5 million board feet of predryer capacity. Our computer-controlled kilns are operated by highly skilled, and trained technicians. We take great care to monitor all lumber throughout the drying process so that it meets exacting moisture control tolerances.